When to visit?
June to March
- Itinerary Code: GY/39
- Duration: 5 Days
- Category: Safari, Northern circuit
- Destinations: Northern Tanzania, Lake Natron, Oldoinyo Lengai, Mto wa Mbu
- Attraction: Oldoinyo Lengai Mountain, Culture of Maasai, Masaai Steppe
- Budget Level: Budget
- Tour Guides Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian,
- Start in: Arusha
- End in: Arusha
- Packing list: Camera with enough zoom and memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with ultra violet radiation filtering etc.
- Extra info: Rangers will escort all walking along the wildlife areas
Day 1: Safari To The Camp
- Start a safari early in the morning
- We will drive from the town of Mto Wa Mbu, then follow the Rift Valley escarpment north to the village of Engaresero
- We will camp here at Engaresero for a moment before take the next steps for our walking safari.
Day 2: Safari To Visit Volcano.
- Today we start early in order to gain as much altitude up the volcano as possible in the cool of the morning
- Our hike follows narrow ridges of scree and volcanic dust and ash which run between steep gullies.
- We’ll set up camp in the south crater, a safe distance from the active north crater
- The north crater itself offers a unique opportunity to view an active volcano with recent streams of molten lava, steaming vents and open lava pools
- The lava on this mountain has the distinction of being black during the day and a dull orange at night due to its relatively cool temperature.
Day 3: Safari To Masai Steppe
- We trek to the summit this morning and enjoy the sunrise over the Maasai Steppe
- From the top our vista will included Mount Meru, the extinct volcano Kerimasi, Lake Natron and even Mount Kilimanjaro
- After lunch we will descend the mountain and return to our camp at Engare Sero village by early evening.
Day 4: Safari To Lake Natron
- Today we’ll visit Lake Natron and the local Masai village who make this area with its harsh environment their home
- Have a full day tour at Lake Natron to view its beautiful scenario
Day 5: Safari To Mto Wa Mbu
- After breakfast we will drive back to Mto Wa Mbu and continue with other safari program if there is any
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PACKAGE CUSTOMIZATION AND ANY OTHER NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS
DAY SAFARI TRIPS
HISTORIC SITE VISIT
Why Book with us?
Tailor Made Programs
We specialize in customizing your safari to suit your experience and budget expectations.
Experienced Guides for Unlimited Game Viewing
We use more than 10 years experienced, English speaking drivers and guides.
Reliable Safari Vehicles
All our safari vehicles are 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers equipped with large windows, pop up roof, phone charging stations, comfortable seats, and a fully furnished with bottle water
Fare Refund Policy
Our refund policy is designed in favor of the client. If the client cancels the trip with reason accepted in the policy, we will refund all money except the expenses incurred for the safari booking as explained in the policy