5 Day Walking and Cultural Tour in the Rift valley Escarpment
When to visit?
June to March
- Itinerary Code: GY/151
- Duration: 5 Days
- Category: Safari, Northern circuit
- Destinations: Oldonyo Lengai
- Attraction: The Maasai culture, Oldonyo Lengai
- Budget Level: Budget
- Tour Guides Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian,
- Start in: Arusha
- End in: Arusha
- Packing list: Camera with enough zoom and memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with ultra violet radiation filtering etc.
- Extra info: Rangers will escort all walking along the wildlife areas
Day 1: Transfer from Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha
- Picked up by a guide upon your arrival at the airport and transfer to the hotel booked.
- Get a briefing for your safari.
- Have dinner and rest for the next day.
Day 2: Transfer to Engaresero via Mto wa mbu
- Early morning leave for Mto wa mbu from Arusha.
- Drive from the town of Mto Wa Mbu through the Rift valley escarpment while viewing The mountain of God and other volcanic features .
- Walk down the valley through a walking trail exploring various medicinal plants found on the rift valley wall.
- Continue descending to Engaresero village.
- Later evening drive to the booked hotel for accommodations.
Day 3: Hot Spring Tour and Oldonyo Lengai Trekking
- Leave in the morning to the baboon caves spending time before heading to the lake shore for bird watching.
- Drive further down on the rift valley escarpment to the final point on a major hot spring through other several small hot springs.
- Return to the hotel in the afternoon for lunch
- Take the rest of the day off resting and sleeping for the trekking to be done later
- Wake up around 23:00 to prepare for climbing
- Start climbing Oldonyo Lengai (5 -6 hours of walking) at 00:00 to enjoy the volcanic cone where you expect to reach the summit at sunrise.
Day 4: Descending down the mountain and visiting Maasai steppe
- At the summit when its sunrise take some pictures and rest a little before descending
- Start going down the mountain about 5 hours walking as to reach the bottom before noon. (Descending is done a bit fast before it gets hot and so reflective)
- You can enjoy the view over the Maasai steppe where you will have your lunch.
- Return to the hotel for resting and overnight stay.
Day 5: Transfer to Arusha through Lake Natron
- After breakfast take a visit to the Lake Natron, the soda lake covered with flamingos and other bird species.
- Also visit the local Maasai village to see their cultural practices.
- Have an early lunch and Start the journey back to Arusha.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PACKAGE CUSTOMIZATION AND ANY OTHER NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS
DAY SAFARI TRIPS
HISTORIC SITE VISIT
Why Book with us?
Tailor Made Programs
We specialize in customizing your safari to suit your experience and budget expectations.
Experienced Guides for Unlimited Game Viewing
We use more than 10 years experienced, English speaking drivers and guides.
Reliable Safari Vehicles
All our safari vehicles are 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers equipped with large windows, pop up roof, phone charging stations, comfortable seats, and a fully furnished with bottle water
Fare Refund Policy
Our refund policy is designed in favor of the client. If the client cancels the trip with reason accepted in the policy, we will refund all money except the expenses incurred for the safari booking as explained in the policy