7 Day Safari to Katavi and Mahale
When to visit?
June to March
- Itinerary Code: GY/5022
- Duration: 7 Days
- Category: Safari, Southern circuit
- Destinations: Katavi, Mahale
- Attraction: Mahale mountains
- Budget Level: Standard
- Tour Guides Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian,
- Start in: Dar-es-salaam
- End in: Dar-es-salaam
- Packing list: Camera with enough zoom and memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with ultraviolet radiation filtering etc.
- Extra info: Rangers will escort all walking along the wildlife areas.
Day 1: Depart to Katavi National Park
- Take a flight from Dar es Salaam to Katavi National Park
- Arrive in the afternoon where you will have you’re your lunch at the picnic site
- Enjoy an afternoon game viewing in the park
- Drive to Katuma Bush Lodge for overnight
Day 2: Full Day Game Drive and Walking Safaris in Katavi
- A morning walking safari to explore the natural Katavi floodplain. Take a walk along water pods to see hippos and other wildlife closely
- Return to the camp around 9:30 for breakfast and refreshing
- Advance with game drive to see zebra, Impala, Hartebeest, giraffe, spotted hyenas and Defassa. The park is also famous for large elephants and herds of buffalo
- Overnight at Katuma Bush Lodge
Day 3: A Full Day Game Drive in Katavi
- Leave for a full day game drive
- Enjoy the river’s beautiful view while game viewing searching for a duel between lions and buffalos
- Return to Katuma Bush Lodge for overnight
Day 4: Depart for the Mahale Mountain
- Have an early game drive and return to the camp around 9:00
- Have breakfast and refresh then check out of the camp
- Shortly, start departing to the Mahale mountains
- Arrive in the evening and check in to the hotel booked for accommodations
Day 5: Chimpanzee Tracking in Mahale Mountains
- Start tracking for the Chimpanzee in the forest.
- Continue with the tracking and break for lunch at 12:45
- Bird watching in the forest to spot different bird species
- Return to the hotel for accommodations
Day 6: Walking and Boat Safari along Lake Tanganyika
- Start with an early walking safari in the forest in search of small animals and hidden waterfalls
- Have an early lunch at noon
- Take a boat safari to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake, where you can go fishing
- You can also take a leisurely walk along the shoreline for a magnificent view
Day 7: Depart to Dar-es-Salaam
- According to your flight schedule, you can relax on the beach.
- Later transfer to the airstrip to catch a flight back to Dar-e-salaam.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PACKAGE CUSTOMIZATION AND ANY OTHER NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS
DAY SAFARI TRIPS
HISTORIC SITE VISIT
Why Book with us?
Tailor Made Programs
We specialize in customizing your safari to suit your experience and budget expectations.
Experienced Guides for Unlimited Game Viewing
We use more than 10 years experienced, English speaking drivers and guides.
Reliable Safari Vehicles
All our safari vehicles are 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers equipped with large windows, pop up roof, phone charging stations, comfortable seats, and a fully furnished with bottle water
Fare Refund Policy
Our refund policy is designed in favor of the client. If the client cancels the trip with reason accepted in the policy, we will refund all money except the expenses incurred for the safari booking as explained in the policy