When to visit?
June to March
- Itinerary Code: GY/5800
- Duration: 7 Days Climb, 2 Days in the Hotel
- Category: Trekking
- Trekking Route: Umbwe
- Attraction: World tallest free-standing mountain at 5895M asl, The three peaks (Mawenzi, Shira and Kibo), The Snow, Five distinct climate zones. Cultivation, Forest, Heather-Moorland, Alpine Desert and Summit climate zones
- Tour Guides Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian,
- Start in: Moshi
- End in: Moshi
- Packing list: Camera set with enough zoom etc.
- Extra info: Provide Porters and Cookers to accompany you while on the mountain.
Price for 7-Day Climb + 2 Days in Hotel Umbwe Route
|No. of pax|
Rate per pax
Hotels Before and After Climbs
|Accommodation||Hotel Name||Link to the hotel|
|Accommodation we’ve quoted||Key’s Hotel||http://keys-hotel-tours.com/|
|Available for extra cost of $48||Ameg Lodge||http://ameglodge.com/|
|Available for extra cost of $60||Sal Salinero Hotel||http://www.salsalinerohotel.com/kilimanjaro.html|
|Available for extra cost of $45||Kaliwa Lodge Machame||http://www.kaliwalodge.com/category/lodge/|
Extra budget for Tips
It is customary in Tanzania to tip the staffs that make the safari or trek so unforgettable.
As a general rule of tipping, the below should be used as a guideline:
- Climbing Heard Guide: $15 – $20 USD per day (per group)
- Climbing Assistant Guide: $12 – $15 USD per day (per group)
- Climbing Cook: $10 – $15 USD per day (per group)
- Porters: $7 – $8 USD per day (per porter per group)
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport To Moshi
- Get picked up from the airport upon your arrival.
- Get a briefing from the guides on your climbing program.
- Transfer to the booked hotel for check-in.
- Rest for the day preparing for your trekking.
Day 2: Umbwe Gate (1800m) To Umbwe camp (2940m)
- Pick up from your hotel in Moshi and drive to Umbwe gate at 1800m for registration processes.
- Start climbing through natural rainforest passing the ridge between the Lonzo and Umbwe rivers while enjoying the spectacular view of the mountain ahead of you.
- The trail leads to Umbwe camp for resting and overnight stay.
Day 3: Umbwe Camp (2940m) To Barranco Camp (3950m)
- After breakfast, hike through sparser undergrowth and straggly, moss-covered trees.
- While walking, enjoy the sceneric view of Meru volcano for the first time.
- Continue the trail to reach Barranco camp in time for lunch.
- Enjoy a peaceful rest at the camp gaining for the next day.
Day 4: Barranco Camp(3,950m) To Karanga Camp(4,035m)
- Ascend through Barranco wall for an hour (good for acclimatization) enjoying the magnificent view.
- Continue with the hike to Karanga camp in time for your lunch.
- Take the rest of the day off recuperating.
Day 5: Karanga Camp(4,035m) To Barafu Camp(4,600m)
- Start your way up to Barafu camp.
- Ascend to Kosovo summit camp (4,800m) which is good for acclimatization then head back to Barafu camp.
- Take the rest of the day off sleeping and having maximum rest in preparing for the summit.
Day 6: Barafu (4,550m) To Uhuru Peak (5,895m)
- Wake up at 23:00 hours for adding more warm clothes.
- Start your final challenge climb at midnight in a Northwesterly direction to reach Stella Point (5685) on Kibo crater rim.
- After a short rest at Stella Point, continue to Uhuru peak(Kilimanjaro summit) for about 1-2 hours arriving at sunrise.
- Enjoy the magnificent view at the top and take some pictures at the summit feeling accomplished.
- Rest for a while before descending to Barafu and then down towards Mweka hut (3100m).
- Have a good night sleep upon your arrival at the camp.
Day 7: Retrace Through Forest to Mweka Gate
- After breakfast and tipping your guides, cookers and porters continue descending for about 3 hours.
- At Mweka gate, get awarded with your certificates. Green certificates are given to hikers who reached Stella point and Golden certificates to those who reached Uhuru Peak.
- Drive back to Moshi for hot showers and maximum rest.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PACKAGE CUSTOMIZATION AND ANY OTHER NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS
DAY SAFARI TRIPS
HISTORIC SITE VISIT
Why Book with us?
Tailor Made Programs
We specialize in customizing your safari to suit your experience and budget expectations.
Experienced Guides for Unlimited Game Viewing
We use more than 10 years experienced, English speaking drivers and guides.
Reliable Safari Vehicles
All our safari vehicles are 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers equipped with large windows, pop up roof, phone charging stations, comfortable seats, and a fully furnished with bottle water
Fare Refund Policy
Our refund policy is designed in favor of the client. If the client cancels the trip with reason accepted in the policy, we will refund all money except the expenses incurred for the safari booking as explained in the policy