When to visit?
June to March
- Itinerary Code: GY/61
- Duration: 6 Days Climb, 1 Day in the Hotel
- Category: Trekking
- Trekking Route: Machame
- Attraction: World tallest free-standing mountain at 5895M asl, The three peaks (Mawenzi, Shira and Kibo), The Snow, Five distinct climate zones. Cultivation, Forest, Heather-Moorland, Alpine Desert and Summit climate zones
- Tour Guides Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian,
- Start in: Moshi
- End in: Moshi
- Packing list: Camera set with enough zoom etc.
- Extra info: Provide Porters and Cookers to accompany you while on the mountain.
Price for 6-Day Climb + 1 Days in Hotel Machame Route
|No. of pax|
Rate per pax
Hotels Before and After Climbs
|Accommodation||Hotel Name||Link to the hotel|
|Accommodation we’ve quoted||Key’s Hotel||http://keys-hotel-tours.com/|
|Available for extra cost of $48||Ameg Lodge||http://ameglodge.com/|
|Available for extra cost of $60||Sal Salinero Hotel||http://www.salsalinerohotel.com/kilimanjaro.html|
|Available for extra cost of $45||Kaliwa Lodge Machame||http://www.kaliwalodge.com/category/lodge/|
Extra budget for Tips
It is customary in Tanzania to tip the staffs that make the safari or trek so unforgettable.
As a general rule of tipping, the below should be used as a guideline:
- Climbing Heard Guide: $15 – $20 USD per day (per group)
- Climbing Assistant Guide: $12 – $15 USD per day (per group)
- Climbing Cook: $10 – $15 USD per day (per group)
- Porters: $7 – $8 USD per day (per porter per group)
Day 1: Transfer to Machame Gate for Trekking
- Start climbing from Machame Gate (1,800 m) after walking through attractive banana and coffee farms of Machame village.
- Climb through montanne forest enjoying the beautiful mountainous view.
- Have lunch at ‘Halfway Clearing’, a small opening in the trees.
- Continue walking till Machame Hut (3,000 m) for resting and spending the night.
Day 2: Trek Through Shira Plateau To Shira Hut
- Start climbing up a steep ridge to reach a small semicircular cliff known as Picnic Rock.
- Enjoy the excellent views of Kibo and the jagged rim of Shira Plateau.
- The trail continues less steeply (4-6 hours walking) to reach Shira Hut (3,840m) with a view of Mt Meru floating on the clouds.
- Rest and camp at the hut for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Climb through Lava Tower Junction to Barranco Camp
- After an early morning breakfast, trek through semi-desert and rocky landscape to reach Lava Tower (4630m) after 5-7 hours of walking.
- Packed lunch is served at the Tower.
- After lunch and a bit resting, descend to the Barranco Campsite (3950m) for 2 hours walking.
- Rest at the camp enjoying the sunset while dinner is served.
Day 4: Climb Through Ice fields To Karanga Camp (4000m)
- Start climbing conquering the Great Barranco Wall to have a view of the Heim glacier.
- Continue through lush vegetation to reach Karanga Camp (4000m) for about 4-5 walking hours.
- Rest and have refreshments while waiting for dinner.
Day 5: Climb To Barafu Campsite(4600m)
- Trek out of Karanga camp to reach Mweka junction (4150m).
- Continue walking until Barafu campsite (4600m) about 2-3 hours.
- The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent before an early night.
- It is recommended to sleep as early before 19:30.
Day 6: Ascend To The Summit at Uhuru Peak (5895m)
- Wake up at 23:00 for some tea and covering yourself with warm layers of clothes.
- Start ascending to the summit at 00:00 where within 6 hours will reach Stella Point (5,735 m).
- Rest enjoying the sunrise at Mawenzi.
- Those who are still strong can make the two hour round trip along the crater rim to Uhuru Peak (5,896 m).
- After some photographs and feeling accomplished, start descending to Barafu.
- After 3 walking hours, you will reach Mweka Hut (3100m) for lunch and rest.
- Spend the night recuperating at the hut.
Day 7: Retrace Through Forest to Mweka Gate
- After breakfast and much celebrating, continue with the descend.
- The trail through the forest takes 3 hours to arrive at the Mweka gate.
- Its where climbers will be awarded with certificates according to the reached level. Stella Point hikers receive green certificates while Uhuru peak hikers receive golden certificates.
- Retreat back to Mweka village about an hour walk where you will transfer to Moshi or Arusha for hot showers and rest.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PACKAGE CUSTOMIZATION AND ANY OTHER NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS
DAY SAFARI TRIPS
HISTORIC SITE VISIT
Other Machame Route Programs
6 Day Kilimanjaro Trekking Via Machame Route- Read more
Why Book with us?
Tailor Made Programs
We specialize in customizing your safari to suit your experience and budget expectations.
Experienced Guides for Unlimited Game Viewing
We use more than 10 years experienced, English speaking drivers and guides.
Reliable Safari Vehicles
All our safari vehicles are 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers equipped with large windows, pop up roof, phone charging stations, comfortable seats, and a fully furnished with bottle water
Fare Refund Policy
Our refund policy is designed in favor of the client. If the client cancels the trip with reason accepted in the policy, we will refund all money except the expenses incurred for the safari booking as explained in the policy