When to visit?
June to March
- Itinerary Code: GY/5816
- Duration: 5 Days Climb, 2 Days in the Hotel
- Category: Trekking
- Trekking Route: Marangu
- Attraction: World tallest free-standing mountain at 5895M asl, The three peaks (Mawenzi, Shira and Kibo), The Snow, Five distinct climate zones. Cultivation, Forest, Heather-Moorland, Alpine Desert and Summit climate zones
- Tour Guides Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian,
- Start in: Moshi
- End in: Moshi
- Packing list: Camera set with enough zoom etc.
- Extra info: Provide Porters and Cookers to accompany you while on the mountain.
Price for 5-Day Climb + 2 Days in Hotel Marangu Route
|No. of pax|
Rate per pax
Hotels Before and After Climbs
|Accommodation||Hotel Name||Link to the hotel|
|Accommodation we’ve quoted||Key’s Hotel||http://keys-hotel-tours.com/|
|Available for extra cost of $48||Ameg Lodge||http://ameglodge.com/|
|Available for extra cost of $60||Sal Salinero Hotel||http://www.salsalinerohotel.com/kilimanjaro.html|
|Available for extra cost of $45||Kaliwa Lodge Machame||http://www.kaliwalodge.com/category/lodge/|
Extra budget for Tips
It is customary in Tanzania to tip the staffs that make the safari or trek so unforgettable.
As a general rule of tipping, the below should be used as a guideline:
- Climbing Heard Guide: $15 – $20 USD per day (per group)
- Climbing Assistant Guide: $12 – $15 USD per day (per group)
- Climbing Cook: $10 – $15 USD per day (per group)
- Porters: $7 – $8 USD per day (per porter per group)
Day 1: Arrive Kilimanjaro Airport transfer to Moshi
- Pick up at Kilimanjaro Airport and transfer to booked hotel in Moshi.
- Have short briefing about the trekking program and equipment check-up.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Registration at Marangu Gate and trek to Mandara Hut
- Early morning, drive to Marangu gate for registration.
- From the gate, ascend on a cleared ridge trail through the rainforest.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Mandara Hut.
Day 3: Trek from Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
- Start heading towards Horombo Hut after breakfast
- Arrive at the Horombo Huts at approximately 3:00 pm and the afternoon can be spent relaxing
- The Horombo Huts are exceptionally busy but they’re considered to be the finest huts on Mount Kilimanjaro
- Retire to bed early and get a last good night rest at Horombo hut
Day 4: Trek from Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
- After breakfast, hike through the moorland and the alpine desert region of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Hike for an hour and encounter a small mountain stream called the Maua River.
- Traveling through a baron dessert is the breathtakingly stunning vista of the Kibo and Mawenzi peaks.
- Arrive Kibo hut in the afternoon.
Day 5: Trek from Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut
- The final point of the journey is the ascent to Uhuru Peak which has been awarded the title ‘The Roof of Africa’.
- Leave shortly after midnight and begin with the strenuous five-hour hike to Gillman’s Point on the crater rim.
- You will feel tired and this part will take longer due to the high altitude.
- The crater rim hike will last about two hours.
- Start descending to Horombo Hut.
Day 6: Trek from Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate to Moshi
- Finish the trek by descending to the Marangu Gate after breakfast.
- The final hike is simply magical.
- It is advised to watch your step as the trail can be fairly slippery.
- Transfer to thebooked hotel in Moshi
Day 7: Moshi to Kilimanjaro Airport
- Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport, from where you will connect your flight
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PACKAGE CUSTOMIZATION AND ANY OTHER NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS
DAY SAFARI TRIPS
HISTORIC SITE VISIT
OTHER MARANGU ROUTE PROGRAMS
8 Day Kilimanjaro Trekking, Marangu Route- Read more
5 Day Kilimanjaro Trekking via Marangu Route- Read more
Why Book with us?
Tailor Made Programs
We specialize in customizing your safari to suit your experience and budget expectations.
Experienced Guides for Unlimited Game Viewing
We use more than 10 years experienced, English speaking drivers and guides.
Reliable Safari Vehicles
All our safari vehicles are 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers equipped with large windows, pop up roof, phone charging stations, comfortable seats, and a fully furnished with bottle water
Fare Refund Policy
Our refund policy is designed in favor of the client. If the client cancels the trip with reason accepted in the policy, we will refund all money except the expenses incurred for the safari booking as explained in the policy